Air fryer grilled cheese is a crispy, gooey, buttery sandwich.
- 4 slices bread (such as Italian, sourdough or white sandwich bread)
- 3 tablespoons salted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup shredded cheese (like cheddar, American, Swiss or Muenster)
- Butter one side of each of the 4 slices of bread.
- Divide the cheese into two equal portions. Sprinkle it evenly on the unbuttered side of two slices of bread.
- Sandwich the bread together than place in your air fryer. Secure with a toothpick (optional). Cook at 375 degrees for 5 minutes, then flip. Continue to cook for another 3-4 minutes or until golden brown and crisp.
- Allow to cool slightly before serving.
Your specific cook time will depend on the type of bread you use and your specific air fryer. Keep a close eye on the sandwiches the first time you make them to avoid overcooking. Click here for more topping ideas and cheese recommendations.